I am a self proclaimed craftoholic…and my husband/sister/mom/friends would all agree. I am obsessed with making things for them.
When I heard my friend’s twin grandsons were going to be having their 1st birthday bash this month, the crafty wheels in my head starting turning with the idea of making birthday shirts for the twins to wear for their party and photos. I was overjoyed to learn my friend was right on board. :) I knew I wanted incorporate Halloween into the Birthday mix, but I didn’t want to do the traditional black and orange. While looking through my fabric at home, I came across this blue and white skull print flannel that I purchased last year ago at JoAnn Fabric. It was perfect!
My sister and I made a trip to Old Navy to find some tees that I could appliquĂ© on. As you can probably already tell, I am a HUGE clearance rack fan, so that is the first place I started looking. I found two 4th of July tees in the sizes I needed (12-18 months and 2T…yes, 2T already!). I thought I was getting an awesome deal since Old Navy was having a 50% off clearance sale, which meant I could pick up each 4th of July shirt for only $1.00 (each shirt was clearance to $1.99). However, I was shocked at the register when the shirts were coming up for $0.32 each. I quickly sent my sister back to see if she could find more but I guess I had picked up the last two. Oh well, I guess it couldn’t have worked out better than to find two shirts in the perfect size for less than $1. What an awesome deal!!
Okay, okay…enough with my story! I know you probably want to see the finished tees. Well, here you go...
What do you think?






















































































































































5 comments:
Hi! I'm a new follower of your lovely blog.
Have a nice day!
Hi! I'm following you from Chickadee! The shirts turned out really cute. Your blog looks really good and I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Tina "The Book Lady"
http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com
http://familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com
http://holidaygiftsandmore.blogspot.com
Hi there, I saw that you were one of newest followers, so I wanted to return the luv.
These shirts you made are so adorable. My son loves skulls too.
~Steph
soklad@hotmail.com
I found you on Surfing Saturdays! Cute tee's:) I just blogged about making my kid some new T-shirts too. Fun!!
Here from the Hop ... hope that you are having a Fab Fall Weekend. Down in FL, we are trying our very best to make it seems a little like Fall, trying :)
Please make a note that Wednesday Wishlist is my blog hop on you guessed it, Wednesday - for The Twelve Weeks of Christmas with a fab bling piece giveaway - don't miss, make a note and you just have to sign up!
Post a Comment