My local community has a pregnancy center that offers one-on-one support, meetings, and classes to pregnant women. As a FTM, I feel blessed to have this extra support and one-on-one meetings/classes to ask questions and learn about different aspects of pregnancy and baby. During one of my meetings, the topic of discussion was "crib safety". Most of the "crib safety" tips that my advocate recommended was information I had already discovered on my own, such as crib slats being no more than 2 3/4" apart, purchasing a firm mattress that fit snugly (with no gaps), back sleeping for baby, and removing stuffed toys/pillows from the crib; however, she went on to recommend the removal of two items that I never before considered to be harmful, standard crib blankets and crib bumpers, because they could cause harm or suffocation. After my meeting, I went in search for an affordable alternative to traditional crib bumpers and found BreathableBaby, a company that offers a variety of "Safer, Smarter Bedding Products for your baby, Peace of Mind for You," including Breathable Fitted (Crib) Sheets, Breathable Crib Bumpers, Breathable Blankets, and Wearable Blankets. The BreathableBaby product that caught my eye the most was their award-winning Breathable Mesh Crib Bumper.
The BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper is made from a breathable, mesh material that allows air to flow through the fabric, which reduces the risk of carbon dioxide buildup and suffocation. The BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper can also help reduce the risk of entanglement by keeping little limbs inside the crib. It is designed to fit a variety of standard size cribs, including slatted, solid back/front, solid end, or oval cribs. BreathableBaby Breathable Bumpers are currently available in solid colors (white, blue, light pink, sage, yellow, ecru, and brown), NEW printed designer themes (pink floral daisy, sport, safari fun, jungle multi-stripe, pink/chocolate strip, and blue/sage stripe), and even fashion trims (ecru/brown bubbles, ice blue/brown fauna, and cream/latte fauna).I was very excited to learn that BreathableBaby agreed to let me review one of their Breathable Bumpers. I received the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper in Light Pink to review.

My Thoughts:I was really impressed with the mesh material of the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper. The mesh material is much softer and thicker than I originally thought it would be, which was a great surprise because it will provide my baby girl with some cushioning when she starts to roll around in her crib. The mesh material truly was breathable. I covered my nose and mouth with the crib bumper for a few minutes and was still able to breath easily, so my baby girl should be able to breath fine if she happens to smush her face against the crib bumper while sleeping.
When I first saw the two panels of the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper, I was a little overwhelmed about the installation. However, after reading the directions and watching the installation video (which I do recommend), I found the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper to be very easy to install. I was at home by myself (while B was at work) and was able to install the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper within 10 minutes. Below are photos of the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper installed in our slatted crib:



Overall, I think the BreathableBaby Breathable Bumper makes a wonderful addition to our nursery and am loving the fact that my baby girl will be able to breath easier and sleep more safely while she is in her crib.
Purchase Info!
You can purchase BreathableBaby products, including the Breathable Bumper, online from BreathableBaby (HERE) and from select online/store front retailers.
Connect!
You can connect with BreathableBaby by following them on TWITTER or FACEBOOK. You can even sign up for their NEWSLETTER to be notified of upcoming Special Offers for existing and new BreathableBaby products.
You can purchase BreathableBaby products, including the Breathable Bumper, online from BreathableBaby (HERE) and from select online/store front retailers.
Connect!
You can connect with BreathableBaby by following them on TWITTER or FACEBOOK. You can even sign up for their NEWSLETTER to be notified of upcoming Special Offers for existing and new BreathableBaby products.
No compensation was received for this post. BreathableBaby did provide me with a product to sample for the purpose of this review; however, all opinions expressed are my own, honest opinions.






















































































































































1 comments:
awww that looks great! i love that color pink and the bumper is a great idea.
i found you from thankful for friends thursday and i'm now following. i would really appreciate it if you could check out my block and maybe follow back! thanks :)
lindsay @ http://lindsayelizabethm.blogspot.com
Post a Comment