Monday, April 30, 2012

No Slippy Hair Clippy Review & Giveaway *Closed*


Riley doesn't have much hair yet, but hair bows are already a must for my little fashionista (even though they're sometimes hard to stay in)! No outfit is complete without the perfect hair bow. Riley has a bow or headband in her hair every time we go out. Why? Because they just look so stinkin' cute! Plus, this momma loves her baby girl looking super girlie and not being mistaken for a boy (yes, it has happened more than once…and one time she was even wearing a dress…HELLO people…)! Of course, I think she's adorable on her own, without any bows or other hair "pretties," but somehow she's even more adorable when she does wear them.

So, if you're like me and love having your daughter look girlie to the max, No Slippy Hair Clippy has you covered. No Slippy Hair Clippy carries a variety of baby hair accessories, including headbands, hair clips, and more! Plus, their patent pending design allows the clips to stay in place and not slip, which is perfect for those little ones who have very fine/thin hair or who don't yet have much at all. They also offer hair accessories for girls, teens, and women! All of their products are hand-crafted in the USA, too!


About No Slippy Hair Clippy:
Our first "no-slip hair clip" was invented out of sheer frustration in 2000. It took a mom with an almost-bald baby girl to invent a hair clip that would stay securely in place and look cute. For countless generations, baby girls have often been mistaken for boys, and until No Slippy Hair Clippy® opened its doors in 2001, you couldn’t find a hair accessory created specifically to stay in baby-fine hair. Thanks to us, your daughter’s generation no longer has to worry about being mistaken for a BOY!

Our hair clips are quite unique, with a patent pending. Originally designed with a magnet to enhance the hold, we now use a more expensive Plush Swiss Velvet wrapped completely around the metal clip, to provide an identical snug, secure grip. It’s now lighter weight, and so soft she won’t even know it’s there! Our clips won’t hurt if she pulls them out, either, and because we use the highest quality clips available, they don’t bend easily, like others do. Truly the world’s finest non-slip clip®!

Over time, we have continued to grow and to add new products, and we now design hair accessories for girls, teens and women, as well as babies. We offer three different sizes and types of clips; a Mini, a Standard Pinch, and a French Clip for girls of all ages with lots of hair. All are non-slip clips®, and they also won't slide in fine hair of any length. We also offer no-slip headbands, including an organic cotton head wrap, the first of its kind!

No Slippy Hair Clippy® has been nominated every year since 2005 by retailers across the US for the prestigious "Earnie" award for design excellence, and is also a celebrity favorite, photographed often in Hollywood and around the world on celebrities and their children alike.

And now (because we can't help setting trends), a new line of Clipettes™ using our tried and true manufacturing methods with different no-slip materials, is making its debut as a value-based division of No Slippy Hair Clippy®.


My Thoughts!
No Slippy Hair Clippy sent a few of their most popular clips for Miss Riley to try. And they are definitely cute!!! We received Presley in orange/turquoise, Emily in pearl pink, Clipettes Dots in white, and Belinda in turquoise.

Let me just say that I adore all of the No Slippy Hair Clippy hair clips we received! A lot of hair clips and accessories seem to slide out just as quickly as we place them in Riley's hair, but not these clips! The No Slippy Hair Clippy hair clips are true to their name. I was amazed that they stay in place so well. Plus, Riley looks absolutely precious wearing them!

Presley is a 1 ¼” mini clip lined with orange velvet and is embellished with a little orange/turquoise butterfly applique. The velvet lining makes the clip super soft and helps it stay in place. The mini clip is just the perfect size for little ones. Emily is a 1 ¾” pinch clip lined with pink velvet and adorned with a 2” pink grosgrain bow. The simple, classic grosgrain bow makes Emily one of my favorite No Slippy Hair Clippy clips! The Clipettes Dots are a pair of 1 ¾” pinch clips fully lined with an adorable white/pink polka dot printed grosgrain ribbon. Another of my favorites, is Belinda, which is a turquoise/lime green flower placed on a 2 ⅜” french clip.

In addition to the clips, they also sent a pretty pink ribbon so that we can clip the new hair clips on it to keep them organized and all in one place. Love it!



And now its time for Riley to show off a few of her new adorable No Slippy Hair Clippy hair clips! Check out her cuteness in the photos below:

wearing the Presley clip

wearing the Belinda clip


wearing the Emily clip


Overall, I'm really happy with the hair clips from No Slippy Hair Clippy! (And so is Riley! Just check out those sweet smiles!) As you can see, the clips are indeed really cute! But what I love most is that they actually do stay in place even in Riley's baby fine hair! I definitely plan on buying some more of their hair accessories in the future, especially a headband or two.

Where to Buy:
Head over to www.HairClippy.com to see their full selection of hair accessories for your baby, little girl, teenager, or even yourself!

Connect:
For all the latest from No Slippy Hair Clippy, visit their BLOG and check them out on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. You might also want to sign up for their NEWSLETTER to receive special promotions and coupon codes

Giveaway:
One lucky reader is going to WIN a $25 credit to spend at No Slippy Hair Clippy!

Mandatory Entry:
Either “like” No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook, follow them on Twitter (@iclippy), OR follow their blog.

Extra Entries:
~Follow the No Slippy Hair Clippy blog via Google Friend Connect  (+1 entry - if that wasn’t your mandatory entry)
~Follow No Slippy Hair Clippy on Twitter - please leave your twitter id  (+1 entry - if that wasn’t your mandatory entry)
~“Like” No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook - please leave your first name and last initial (+1 entry - if that wasn’t your mandatory entry)
~Visit No Slippy Hair Clippy and tell me your favorite item. (+1 entry)
~Follow Heard It from the Hills via Google Friend Connect (+1 entry)
~Follow Heard It from the Hills on Twitter - please leave your twitter id (+1 entry)
~“Like” Heard It from the Hills on Facebook - please leave your first name and last initial (+1 entry)
~Grab my button! Please leave the link where I can find it (+1 entry)


The giveaway will end on May 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM (CST). The mandatory entry MUST be completed in order to have a chance of winning. Extra Entries are optional. Please leave your email address in your comment if it's not visible in your blogger profile. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be contacted by email/announced on Heard It from the Hills. The winner will have 72 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. Open to US only.

No compensation was received for this post. No Slippy Hair Clippy did provide me with products to sample for the purpose of this review; however, all opinions expressed are my own, honest opinions. This giveaway is no way endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with Facebook.

123 comments:

Courtney said...

Following them on twitter...

Courtney said...

Following no slippy with GFC

Courtney said...

Like no slippy hair chippy on Facebook - Courtney c.

Courtney said...

My favorite item is The April butterfly clip, it would be so cute for my daughter!

Courtney said...

Following you with GFC

Courtney said...

Following you on twitter... @inspireddsgns

Courtney said...

Like you on Facebook

Courtney said...

Added your button - http://cjcopeland.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

follow no slippy hair clippy on twitter as JT2ofusanddeals

kport207 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

heard it from the hills gfc follower-kport207

kport207 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

follow heard it from the hills via twitter as JT2ofusanddeals

kport207 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

like heard it from the hills on facebook as kathleen porteous

kport207 at gmail dot com

ninamcclain93 said...

I liked the sponsor on fb
ninamcclain93 at gmail dot com

ninamcclain93 said...

I follow the sponsor on twitter, omgacsl

ninamcclain93 at gmail dot com

ninamcclain93 said...

I like the andrea headband, fallon and hillary.

ninamcclain93 at gmail dot com

ninamcclain93 said...

i liked you on fb

ninamcclain93 at gmail dot com

ninamcclain93 said...

i follow you on twitter, omgacsl

Cecil Atom said...

I follow No Slippy Hair Clippy on twitter (@vesperatom)

Cecil Atom said...

I like No Slippy Hair Clippy on FB.

Lynn Christopher said...

I liked them on Facebook

Lynn Christopher said...

I followed them on Twitter!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Liked them on FB as Lindsey Gain
Followed on Twitter as @WeeShare

Unknown said...

following no slippy with GFC

Unknown said...

liked you on FB

Unknown said...

Following you with GFC

Dawn said...

I "liked" No Slippy on FB as Dawn Smith-Shaffer. (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

I follow No Slippy on Twitter @crazydogmommy (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

I follow No Slippy on GFC as Dawn Smith (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

I follow you on GFC as Dawn Smith (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

I follow you on Twitter @crazydogmommy (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

I like you on FB as Dawn Smith-Shaffer (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

My favorite is the Dottie baby bow! Love it!! (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Dawn said...

My favorite is the Dottie baby bow! Love it!! (My email is: crazydogmommy@gmail.com)

Wendy Rozema said...

I like no slippery on facebook
wendywynsma@gmail.com

DC said...

I liked No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook (jemima puddleduck)

DC said...

Following No Slippy Hair Clippy via GFC (jemima puddleduck)

DC said...

Following Heard it from the Hills onf GFC (jemima puddleduck)

DC said...

Liked Heard it from the Hills on Facebook (jemima puddleduck)

DC said...

I really like the Casey bow!

Unknown said...

i follow no slippy clippy on fb
happydinosaur @ verizon.net

Char W said...

Like on FB (Charissa Wagner) and follow on Twitter (CAMomofTwo)

Char W said...

Follow on GFC as Char W char.groups(at)gmail(dot)com

Char W said...

Oops, thought mandatory entry was to follow two ways...

Follow on Twitter (CAMomofTwo)

Char W said...

Favorite item is Jayla Clip

Char W said...

~Follow Heard It from the Hills via Google Friend Connect as Char W char.groups(at)gmail(dot)com

Char W said...

~Follow Heard It from the Hills on Twitter CAMomofTwo

Char W said...

~“Like” Heard It from the Hills on Facebook - Charissa W

Jessica Hager said...

I "Liked" No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook!

Jessica Hager said...

I "Liked" Heard it from the Hills of Facebook. Jessica H.

Unknown said...

Like no slippy hair FB missy sweeps
Kendraco22@ yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Follow no slippy blog gfc Kendra Gillilan
Kendraco22@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Follow u gfc Kendra Gillilan
Kendraco22@yahoo.com

Heather Dawn said...

I like No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook.
raisingmypadawans at gmail dot com

Heather Dawn said...

Follow via gfc as Raising My Padawans
raisingmypadawans at gmail dot com

Heather Dawn said...

I follow on twitter @mypadawans
raisingmypadawans at gmail dot com

Heather Dawn said...

I follow you on twitter @mypadawans
raisingmypadawans at gmail dot com

Heather Dawn said...

I like your blog on Facebook.
raisingmypadawans at gmail dot com

Emily said...

I like them on facebook.

fallingfan at gmail.com

Emily said...

I follow the No Slip blog.

fallingfan at gmail.com

Emily said...

I like the Heather Headband.

fallingfan at gmail.com

Emily said...

I follow this blog on GFC.

fallingfan at gmail.com

Emily said...

I like this blog on Facebook.

fallingfan at gmail.com

ani hearts japan said...

LIked No Slippy Hair Clippy on FB as Ani G W

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

ani hearts japan said...

Following NSHC on GFC as ani hearts japan

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

ani hearts japan said...

i like the lindsay flower

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

ani hearts japan said...

i like the lindsay flower

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

ani hearts japan said...

following HIFTH on GFC as ani hearts japan.

ani hearts japan said...

Liked HIFTH on FB as Ani G W

Kimberly said...

I follow the No Slippy blog with GFC as Kimberly.
kirbycolby at gmail dot com

Kimberly said...

I like the Jayla Garden Critters clip collection. The pink and brown dragonflies are super cute.
kirbycolby at gmail dot com

Kimberly said...

I follow your blog with GFC.
kirbycolby at gmail dot com

Kimberly said...

I follow you on twitter @Aerated. Thank you!
kirbycolby at gmail dot com

Diana said...

I follow No Slippy on twitter
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

I like No Slippy on fb
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Diana said...

I follow you on GFC
hrddiana556@gmail.com

pmj said...

fb fan
of
no slippy hair clippy
pamela j
pjames330 at aol dot com

Anonymous said...

I LIKE No Slippy Hair Clippy (HollyCunningham) on FB ((1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com))

Anonymous said...

I'm following NSHC ((1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com)) via GFC!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the April, Tilly & Merideth Butterfly clippies!!!((1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com)) They would lok so cute in my Grandaughter's hair!!!

Anonymous said...

New follower of yrs ((1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com)) via GFC!

Anonymous said...

And I LIKE you (HollyCunningham) on FB, too!!!((1955nursehjc4me(at)myway(dot)com)) Thanks for the chance....

pmj said...

twitter follower
of
no slippy hair clippy
pj436
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

gfc
no slippy hair clippy
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

The Jayla Garden Critters butterfly
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

fb fan
pamela j
pjames330 at aol dot com

pmj said...

twitter follower
pj436
pjames330 at aol dot com

Jessica said...

I like No Slippy Hair Clippy on facebook (Jessica Miller)
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I follow No Slippy Hair Clippy on twitter (@jjak2003)
jjk2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I follow the No Slippy Hair Clippy blog through google friend connect
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

My favorite item is the Mimi Headband
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Jessica said...

I like Heard It From the Hills on facebook (Jessica Miller)
jjak2003 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

I am a fan of no slippy hair clippy on FB
valerie sandel-stayton

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I am one of your GFC fans
Its the Simple Things

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like your page on FB
Valerie Sandel-STayton

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I really like Sage, Charley and Lindsey
my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I am a GFC fan of No Slippy Hair Clippy
Its the Simple Things

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like No Slippy Hair clippy on FB
Valerie Sandel-stayton

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I like NSHC on Twitter
@my_Simplethings

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I follow HIFTH on Twitter
@my_Simplethings

my_2_cents at hotmail dot com

carlaboo11 said...

i like no slippy hair clippy on facebook
carlaboo11 @ yahoo . com

Unknown said...

I like No Slippy Hair Clippy on FB! quickcanady@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I follow their blog!
quickcanady@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

twitter follower~ polkadotteacher

quickcanady@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Love the baby and toddler clips!

quickcanady@YAHOO.COM

Unknown said...

Follow your blog!

quickcanady@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Follow you on twitter! polkadotteacher

Candie L said...

I am following their blog. Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Paige said...

i like no slippy hair clippy on facebook

Anonymous said...

Love all the items. The frog, monkey, turtle and butterfly are cute and the monograms are a nice idea for older girls. Thank you for the generous giveaway. I know all my girls would love these.


intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Liked No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook.

intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Followed Hair Clippy No Slippy on Twitter.


intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Liked Heard It From the Hills on Facebook. Thank you for the giveaway.
intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Followed Heard It from the Hills on Twitter. Thank you...


intense2002-sweepstakes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I “like” No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook- JL Reed

Kristie said...

Like No Slippy Hair Clippy on Facebook. Kristie Morrison Donelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Like Heard It From the Hills on Facebook. Kristie Morrison Donelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow No Slippy Hair Clippy on GFC. Kristie Donelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow Heard It on the Hills on GFC. Kristie Donelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow No Slippy Hair Clippy on Twitter. @kdonelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Follow Heard It on the Hills on Twitter. @kdonelson. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Mama Bucks said...

Like No Slippy Hair Clippy on facebook.

Kristie said...

I like the Locklyn Flower Clip. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.