Friday, December 31, 2010

Diaper & Essentials Baby Shower

We wanted the theme of my SIL's baby shower to be a little more practical, since baby is in need of diapers and all of the essentials (my SIL has been unemployed her entire pregnancy and is a single mom, so she hasn't been able to make any baby purchases). We decided it would be best to go with a "Diaper & Essentials" theme for her baby shower. That way we hoping to use actual baby items for decoration and give the items to my SIL after the shower. We are also hoping that guests stick with the theme while thinking about their gift and purchase baby essentials.

Invitations:
I searched online for the perfect invitation to fit the baby shower's "diaper and essentials" theme and found these diaper invitations. Adorable! However, the price was out of our budget. I love doing crafts, so I decided to attempt making the diaper invitations myself. I had a bit of a learning curve creating the template for the diaper but finally figured it out. In the end, my handmade diaper invitations turned out really cute. I hope to put together a tutorial post soon to show you how to make your own diaper invitations.

Color Scheme:
Pink
Lilac
Light Green
Yellow
White

Decorations:
We are planning on using balloons and streamers (of course!). But we are hoping to use some actual baby items that can be used after the shower. A few of our baby item decorating ideas include using baby washcloths to make washcloths bouquets by rolling up washcloths and securing with ribbon, baby bottles filled with candy and tied with a bow, baby bottles as balloon holders, and mini diaper cakes. We would love to sprinkle the tabletops with baby item shaped confetti (like "It's A Girl" Confetti or Baby Nursery Confetti) but it depends on what we can find at our local party supply store because if we buy it online the shipping costs will more than double the price of the confetti purchased.

Tableware:
We are planning on using light pink table cloths to cover the tables. For the plates I was thinking about going with these Coming Soon! dessert plates. I saw them at a local wholesale store and fell in love. I think they will go very well with everything else we have planned and just I hope Crim feels the same way when she sees them. They also have napkins to match. We are planning using clear utensils and cups that way if there are extras we can use at the other shower or at home.

Do you have any ideas for my SIL's shower? I'd love to hear them if you do. :)

Overall, I think we setting a good pace to finish everything for my SIL's shower. And that is good because we may have to move the date of my SIL's shower up by two weeks (from 4 weeks, to 2 weeks away) because the doctor is saying they might have to deliver the baby early. With talk like that, I feel it is best to just have the shower in 2 weeks to make sure my SIL can enjoy and have some of the items she needs.

0 comments: