Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Blue Eyed Owl

Love vintage items? Then you'll love The Blue Eyed Owl! This Etsy shop is filled with a nice selection of lovely and unique handmade and vintage pretties.

About The Blue Eyed Owl:
The Blue Eyed Owl was the light at the end of my tunnel. After being forced to resign from teaching kindergarten due to a mystery illness, I was determined to get healthy and start over.

My love of vintage, history, creating, and writing evolved into the perfect sized business. I am able to enjoy motherhood as well as chase my dreams. None of which would be possible without my supportive husband and daughter.

My favorite part about being a shop owner and blogger is the community of like-minded, hard working men and women. I can't remember the last time I felt like I was "working." When you discover what it is you love the most, and turn that passion into a job, everyday feels like play.
I first heard about The Blue Eyed Owl from Kari of The Sweetest Memory when I entered her Sweet One Year Anniversary Giveaway a little while back. I ended up being the lucky winner of the prize from The Blue Eyed Owl, which was a $15 credit to the shop. The Etsy shop happened to be on vacation when I won, so the super sweet shop owner, Liz, offered to send some "surprise" handmade accessories. And they were certainly some great surprises! I was sent a golden-yellow felt bow (that I ended up attaching to a brown headband that I already owned so that Riley could wear it easier), perfect for summer and fall, and a gold sequined bow on an ivory headband. These bows are two of my favorites right now because they can go with a lot of different looks/outfits and are perfect for this time of year. Plus, both of them are just adorable!!!

Photo time!!! :)









Where to Buy:
Visit The Blue Eyed Owl's Etsy shop -- Facebook page to check out all of their pretty items. They often post great deals, discounts, and giveaways!

Connect:
You can find The Blue Eyed Owl on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. Be sure to check out the The Blue Eyed Owl blog, too!

Disclosure: I won these hair accessories from a giveaway and thought that I'd shared my thoughts with you. All opinions are 100% my own.

0 comments: